A program to challenge your gifted and high-ability students
Future Problem Solving is a dynamic international program involving thousands of students annually from around the world.
Future Problem Solving provides competitive and non-competitive programs for today's curriculum via a six-step model which teaches critical & creative thinking, problem-solving and decision making.
Since 1984, Future Problem Solving Australia has been helping teachers educate students of all ages to think critically and make better decisions.
Today, Future Problem Solving continues to address essential education priorities. The FPS program:
- Comprehensively meets standards for curriculum and instruction
- Stimulates critical and creative thinking skills
- Encourages students to develop a vision for the future
- Features curricular and co-curricular opportunities to engage students
- Allows students to participate in academic orientated competitions
- Provides varied themes for students to develop research skills
- Promotes written and verbal communication skills
- Engages students with the real world
All students (P-12) are eligible to participate.
Students participate in teams or as individuals.
The FPS student enrichment programs can be co-curricular, extra-curricular, extension, elective or integrated into an existing subject.
Once registered for the desired program, participants start with practice topics and preliminary project deadlines to support learning through feedback provided by our Evaluators.
Students learn from this iterative process allowing for improvement.
After the practice topics, competitive topics are offered for qualification to the National Finals.
National champions advance to the International Conference. At the International Conference, your students will get a chance to compete and collaborate with problem solvers from all over the globe.